Sunday, August 30, 2015

Alphabet Interactive Bulletin Board - Brinca into Bilingual

Hello everyone!! It is so good to be back! I hope everyone has had a great first week of school and I assume all of your brains are fried just like it's supposed to be on the first week!! You can't deny it, we all know how it is :) lol

I would like to post about my Alphabet unit that I have created in both languages, Spanish & English. This would be great to have from the beginning of the school year and display it through the entire year!
This might not be for the first week of school, but it sure is great to start building your alphabet bulletin board! I call it the Alphabet Interactive Unit. The pictures that I placed below show the Spanish version, but know that I have this unit in English as well. All the letters are to be placed on your bulletin board in the classroom (so students can see them daily and it can work as a visual for them). I pinned mine with thumbtacks so I put them up and take them down anytime.




I then pull down whichever letter we will need to work with my small groups. Each illustration has Velcro on the back so it can stick to it while working and for them to stay while it was hung on the board. I would go over the sound and each vocabulary word with my students. As we repeat the sounds and words, I then would let my students place it as they say the phrase, e.g. "A es de astronauta" (A is for astronaut). They LOVEEEEDD this part, I don't know if it was the whole velcro thing or the fact that they felt they could do it on their own :)




Finally, I created this booklet for them to put together. I didn't staple my sample, but you could staple them to make sure the pages stay together. You could use this as a Friday review of the letter learned, small group review, or even homework.





https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/El-Alfabeto-FREE-SAMPLE-letters-A-and-B-1746333I created a FREE SAMPLE in Spanish (letters A & B) if you would like to give it a try :) Please click HERE for the Spanish Free Sample.


https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/The-Alphabet-FREE-SAMPLE-letters-A-and-B-1821664I also have a FREE SAMPLE (letters A & B) for English :) Please click HERE to take you to the English free sample.

I really hope you love it so much that you want to purchase the packet! I have included the links in the sample description if you would like to give it a look. You will find the Spanish link in the Spanish sample and the English in the English Sample.
Thank you for stopping by our blog today, I hope you have had a restful and not so hectic weekend... see ya next time! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment