Friday, September 4, 2015

An Art Integration Lesson - Lectura Para Niños

Hello everyone! 

This is Leah Meiser from Lectura Para Niños.  Today I have an Arts Integration lesson to share with you all.  I taught this lesson after my awesome teaching partner Lorita Stohr (from Celebrations) shared with our Kinder team.  She is one of the Arts Integration leaders from my school.

First we read the book: The Little Mouse, the Red Ripe Strawberry, and the Big Hungry Bear/  El Ratoncito, La Fresca Roja y Madura Y El Gran Oso Hambriento
http://www.amazon.com/Little-Strawberry-Ratoncito-Hambriento-Library/dp/184643405X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1441337058&sr=8-1&keywords=The+Little+Mouse%2C+the+Red+Ripe+Strawberry%2C+and+the+Big+Hungry+Bear+%28Child%27s+Play+Library%29
She then drew a big strawberry on a piece of paper with the stem of the strawberry on top.  The students Painted the strawberry using Kool-Aid packets and water instead of paint.  When it dries, their paper will have color AND a scent to it.  We are teaching Primary Colors this week!  OUR KIDS LOVED THIS! 


When the page finished drying, we used our fine motor skills and cut out our strawberries and glued on our stems!  Our students come from a very LOW income area where most have never had practice with scissors.  I was so proud of how these turned out! 

Here are some examples!


TIP:  The more you water it down, the lighter the color is.  The Kool-Aid dries fast, so it was a great project to paint in the morning and practice our motor skills after recess. 

 I hope you enjoyed this lesson!  I know our students did!  I have to give a huge shout out to Rita as she has a huge impact on the Arts in our school! 


Follow Lectura Para Niños here:
FACEBOOK, TPT, BLOG
Follow my other half - Teaching partner here:  Celebrations!

I hope you all have a Fantastic Friday!!!



Leah


No comments:

Post a Comment